Hello, I'm Marcos
Aerospace EngineerSpecialized in design and structural analysis. Experienced in providing FEA/CAE and stress analysis for Aerospace and Automotive sectors. Spanish National Award for Excellence in Academic Performance. firstname.lastname@example.org
National Award for Excellence in Academic Performance
Conferred yearly by the spanish Ministry of Science to the Graduate students with the best Academic marks, granting one award per discipline for all Spain.
Employment Period: August 2019 – Present
Position: Stress Analysis CAE Expert, responsible for:
- Developing a stress analysis tool to solve complex structural engineering problems. This tool will be coupled to a NASA material response software to enable the stress study of deployable heat shields in support of future NASA space exploration missions.
Employment Period: Oct 2016 – May 2017
Position: Impact Analyst - Contractor, responsible for:
- Developing and coordinating structural design projects related to gas turbines structural impact scenarios (bird strike, ice slab ingestion, fan shaft structural capability, etc.)
- Pre-processing, solving and post-processing highly non-linear and dynamic finite element analyses using LS-DYNA, HyperMesh and LS-PrePost.
- Liasing with multiple Rolls-Royce teams and departments for a satisfactory and timely project solution, including Project Managers, Team Leaders, Task Consultants, Designers and Specialists.
- Work package documentation, evaluation and reporting of techinical work.
- Ultrafan - Composite fan blade assesment due to ice slab impact.
- Trent XWB 97k - Weight Optimization Assessment with LS-DYNA.
- Trent XWB 84k - LP Fan Shaft Structural Capability Assesment with LS-DYNA.
Employment Period: May 2017 – July 2019
Position: CAE Engineer, responsible for:
- My mission is to develop CAE projects and related technical and commercial co-ordination of the test projects, especially regarding to CAE mechanical analysis in the field of crashworthiness and passive safety.
- Running CAE simulation in the field of crashworthiness, propose countermeasures and engineering solutions.
Project communications (interface between customer, project managers and testing department).
Employment Period: Sept 2014 – Sept 2016
Position: Support and Consultant engineer, responsible for:
- Providing technical support and consultancy services to Strand7 users in Europe aiding the provision of a timely design solution which meets the client’s requirements.
- Testing and benchmarking the Strand7 software and liaising with the development team to provide feedback on performance.
- Developing Strand7 support documentation, producing reports and case studies.
Delivering Strand7 training courses to inexperienced and experienced engineers.
- Exhibiting the capabilities of Strand7 to potential customers at engineering shows.
- CAE/FEA/Stress Analysis: FEA, Linear, Nonlinear, Static, Transient, Impact, Fracture Mechanics, Metal and Composite structures, Buckling, Fatigue, Crashworthiness.
- CAE/FEA: LS-DYNA, RADIOSS, MADYMO, NASTRAN, ANSYS Mechanical, ANSA/META, HyperMesh, LS-PrePost, Strand7.
- CAD: CATIA V5 Part and surface design, Inventor, Rhino.
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project.
- SO: Windows and Linux.
- Programming: Excel VBA, Python, C++, Bash shell, Matlab, Mathematica.
- Languages: Spanish (native), English (proficient), French (basic).
- Interpersonal: Strong work ethics, able to work independently and as part of a team, strong analytical skills, quick learner, excellent communication skills and able to multitask and prioritize work efficiently.